The LS should be able to identify farms in the region for partnership with IB Group.
The key factors to consider while choosing a farm are –
The location of the farm to be preferably within 50 kms from the branch
Availability of space for construction of sheds and possibility of expansion
Good road facility to enable movement of heavy vehicles
Adequate water facility with pH between 6 to 8 and hardness as per the geographical requirements
The LS should additionally conduct a background verification for the identified farmers and aid them in entering into a contract with IB Group. The LS should help the farmers in understanding the contracting details, the entry and exit clauses before inducting the farm into the program.
Perform visits to the running farms every alternate days to oversee the farm activities and assist the farmer to achieve better realization form the placements
Encourage existing high performing (A, B & C) category farmers to be loyal to IB - Maximize placement cycles per year, expand the area of the farm, increase placement capacity
On Farm Activities
Farm Equipment: The LS should ensure all the farm equipment is in place and working in order. The equipment includes verifying the working of drinkers, feeder, water tank, fans and shed equipment like shovels, spades, sprayers, flame gun, lighting arrangements, etc.
Brooding Equipment: Additionally, the LS should ensure proper functioning of brooding equipment like corrugated paper, hygrothermometer, coal, etc.
Bio-Security: The LS is responsible for coordinating with the bio-security team and ensuring all the farms in the branch are as per the standards set by the bio-security team. Any lapse in bio-security norms in a farm should be immediately brought to the attention of the branch manager.
Broiler Poultry Farm Supervisor
• The LS should be well versed with the SOP’s defined by IB Group and should be able to implement all the processes accurately
• The LS should be having complete idea on the farms in the branch, identify opportunities to add farms and work towards increasing the placement capacity.
• The LS should identify possible opportunities to induct farmers to the Parivartan program and inform the branch of possible partnerships
• The LS should proactively inform the farmer on any new changes in the growing process, feed quality and other details affecting growth and ensure the best possible environment for the farmers to breed chicken
• The LS should take up ownership for the farms, their productivity and mortality. The LS should guide the farmers at every step and ensure maximum return to the farmer as well as IB Group
• The LS additionally on a periodic basis, explain the benefits of associating with IB Group, its capabilities and advantages it offers to the farmers